Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hit Me With Your Best Shot: Go Home My Dear


With the last segment of 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' is Nikki, a young sweet blogger who always has the sweetest images and words.
***

Hi Outside Voice readers!

I don't have to tell you how excited I was when Lauren gave me the opportunity to be a part of her new series! I share her love for photography and even though I'm the amateur of the amateurs, I believe I'm getting to know the tricks of the trade pretty fast. Anywhoo, first things first, let me introduce myself.



My name is Nikki. I'm a 19 year old blogger from Belgium that is currently struggling to find the right voice for her blog. I am a mess, so naturally my blog is a mess. I blog about my life, my inspirations, my travel stories, my photography, my cooking experiences and my pets. Occasionally I drop an outfit post. You can state that I blog about eve-ry-thing. Maybe you can stop by sometime so we can get to know each other? You can find me at Gohomemydear.

Now, on to the real reason why I'm here. Lauren asked me to tell you something more about my favorite photo.


In this photo you can see a part of the Barcelona harbour. I took this picture halfway down descending Montjuic. We (my boyfriend and I) had already walked about 15 miles that day when we decided not to take the cable cart, but to walk to the top of Montjuic. One thing we forgot: it was 37°C, and we had no more water. It was hell, but we made it. The view over Barcelona was incredible and compensated the pain. After we stocked in on water we walked all the way down again too. After we got lost a few times we managed to get back on La Rambla and make it to our hotel. Exhausted as we were, I am still proud I walked a grand total of 40 kilometers that day. Next time I'll go on vacation though, it will be a beach holiday!

Thanks for giving me this opportunity Lauren! It's always great to do be part of your blog!
***

Thanks for sharing Nikki, you are a wonderful, young talent!
Visit her blog here.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Gentri said...

I'm off to check out her blog! That photo is awesome!

kimbirdy said...

what a beautiful photo from a beautiful girl!

Claire said...

she's adorable, off to visit her :)

Cat@BudgetBlonde.com said...

Just beautiful! I'm so glad I found your blog and this is just a wonderful series!

xoxo
Cat
@BudgetBlonde

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

What a pretty picture and great story! This series has been so awesome!!

Claudia Lane said...

Love these images, the Barcelona harbour looks fantastic!
claudia xo

Claudia Lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

Thanks again for having me Lauren! It's been a pleasure writing for this series ^^ x

Nolan Shaw said...

Loved reeading this thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...