Monday, July 18, 2011

Hit Me With Your Best Shot: Hudson's Happenings


I'd like to introduce you to another amazing blogger-photographer: Ashley! You have already seen all of her photography already, right? ...right? If not, head on over to her blog. It is always full of beautiful (and I mean beautiful) photography of her family and their every day happenings. It's always a peppy place with fun writing and awesome style.


Thanks, Ashley for being part of "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"! I appreciate it!





Hi to all the lovely inhabitants of sweet Lauren's beautiful blog! I'm Ashley and I am so happy to be here guesting today! I write a little blog of my own called Hudson's Happenings, where I love to share my everyday musings on love and beauty and life's fleeting moments. I probably take way to many pictures, but I thrive on nostalgia...and can't wait to look back on my life as a young mama one day.



When Lauren contacted me about sharing my favorite photo, I knew that I couldn't resist...hanging out on one of my most favorite blogs AND talking about photography? YES, please! :)







It always seems as though the best photographs are the ones that aren't planned. One summer weekend, as I wandered around the Southern downtown streets of our hometown, an unexpected rain shower burst through the clouds. Instead of seeking shelter from the light downpour, we trudged along...stumbling upon the most lovely European style fountain. Dogwood petals had fallen all around the cobblestone walk, and our little Hudson ran happily through the puddles to look at the rippling water in the fountain. It was a happy moment, that resulted in one of my most favorite pictures.



15 comments:

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

oh, this photos is amazing. I also believe in what you say. planned shots tend to fail or give me an unsatisfying feeling 'cause I have the greatest expectations. :) x

Ashley said...

I actually just started reading Ashley's blog recently... I love her photos! The best photos really are the unplanned ones... they best represent real life. I love how Hudson's up on his tip toes trying to get a better look at that fountain. Adorable!

Gentri said...

I love Ashley and her blog so much!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Lauren! I had so so much fun with this post! Thank you again for letting me drop in and write on your beautiful blog! YOU are AWESOME!!

Mr. Hudson Happenings said...

Well I must say that I LOVE Ashley and her Blog! She is wonderful and yes she does take way to many pictures. I will admit though they are all worth it in the long run when we are looking back on our little outings. I must say she shared one of my most favorite pictures she has taken.

LOVE YOU Swoop and keep on snapping!!!

Janette said...

Ashley: AWW!! Your hubaloo commented.. How sweet! Funny that I know the Swoop nickname.. And I'm happy to know a little bit more about this photo... You shared it on my blog, so I know you mean it when you say it's your best.. It truly is! Great share!
Lauren: I miss you! Come back from vacay!


Janette the Jongleur

Melanie said...

I'm so happy to have found your blog through Ashley's! *follows along*

LCR said...

well, Mr. Hudson's Happenings, that was just about the sweetest thing that's happened on this blog.
Thanks for coming by and supporting that beautiful wife of yours!
-Lauren

Anonymous said...

Sweet photo. Another great blog.

Pink Sun Drops said...

LOVE Ashley and her precious family, and love this sweet photo of her man.

Haley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haley said...

Ashley is a fantastic photographer...along with being a sweet momma, hot smokin' wife, and an awesome blogger...she's pretty much super woman in my book :)

it is absolutely stunning :) the fountain has such character...the water falling from it's pineapple top...and your sweet boy in white, on his tippy toes (my favorite part). What a precious moment captured.

and you keep on taking all those photos!! they always put a smile on my face :) and *cheers* to thriving on nostalgia!

PS - love your series of "hit me with your best shot"...looking back, you features some fabulous photogs! :)

Raven said...

love it. just love. Little H is a doll. I want him. I know Ashley won't give him up, but a girl can dream.

Gracie said...

Aww that picture is really lovely. It's so adorable.

As for Harry Potter. I really loved it :) I think it was one of the best ones definitely. x

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

awe i have such a love on for Ashley!!! honestly she is such a swell soul and seeing her in your fine space is a delight Lauren! nice collabz, so enjoying the whole series, it's great!

Ashley, the photo you chose is so dear. Hudson couldn't be any cuter if he tried! i just love how you capture so many moments of his little life. whoever that boy ends up with is gonna be hugging you extra tight b/c we all know how we ladies adore baby pics of our fellas! oh ya! it's the best and so is this. cheers girlies. xoox ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...