There have been some beautiful posts about home this last week submitted in the monthly Get the Picture photo share {it is now closed}.
Thanks to all who participated!
The next themed photo share will be open July 1-8th,
email me if you would like to be notified: lcr-outsidevoice[at]hotmail[dot]com
Thanks to all who participated!
The next themed photo share will be open July 1-8th,
email me if you would like to be notified: lcr-outsidevoice[at]hotmail[dot]com
Readers had some amazing things to say and photos to share about home:
(in order of submission) Click to visit their wonderful blogs!
***
Big Mario
"...In thinking about that theme, a lot of "homes" came to mind... none of them felt right. None of them felt like Home with a capital H..."
Kristie Colon
"...home is more about people than places. whether it be penned, photographed or memorized, the story of home is the story of family, laughter, love..."
Sugar and Spice
"...Home is where something flourishes. ...a line from the song 'Home', by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes struck a chord with me; "Home is wherever I'm with you". I feel most comfortable, most content, and most happy when..."
A Picture Speaks A Thousand Words
"...When you're somewhere, or with someone, that makes you feel like nothing in the world could go wrong and everything is perfect - that is home..."
Bonheurs Central
"...I took a different approach to the theme... and here are photos of the hostel we stayed at in Lviv..."
The Style Dossier
"...The first thing that came to mind when thinking of home was San Antonio. It's not only where I live but it's the place I've flourished and grew into the woman I am today..."
A Picture a Day
"...Now that I'm leaving the only real home I've ever known in a few short months, I think this is a great time to reflect on what home means to me..."
My Little Life
"...You all know that in my spare time I’m a Gypsy right?...But its our house on wheels that we love really..."
A Time For Being Human
"...photographed my hometown Whittier. Since I spend a majority of my time in Los Angeles, I often like to refer to it as "my city" yet Whittier is where I live and where I grew up. I love it here..."
Alisha & Brandon 12.04.10
"...Home is the place where I grew up, the place where memories were made, the place where my brother and I argued night after night, the place where first birthdays were photographed..."
And, to really bring it home... Enjoy.
I know, i know... I've featured this before. But I couldn't help myself.
Cheers!

-image via









16 comments:
Aw that video is so gorgeous :) I will enter the next photo share when it comes xx
Oh no I missed out on another photo share! I have felt so disconnected without internet... but I loved reading the things that everyone said defined home for them.
Next time you host a photo share I won't be in the middle of relocating! (:
I'm so sad I missed this... I wanted to partcipate but I couldn't get my act together in time. The last few weeks have been crazy busy for me.
But I loved looking at all the fabulous posts from everyone. There are so many talented photographers put there!!
oxo
Seeing the Wizard of Oz photo reminds me of home since I grew up in Kansas!
nice vid :D
oh that's awesome. what a fun series! for me home is san francisco - but it's not just the city, it was that phase of my life that happened while i was there. the week after finishing college i sold everything in my apartment and flew to san francisco {from where i grew up in TN}, without a plan. i had nowhere to live, no job, and didn't know a single soul. i just went. it was terrifying and liberating. i survived! i became an artist and a therapist and an independent woman. i eventually reconnected with an old college boyfriend who eventually became my boyfriend again, until one day when he proposed as the sun set over the golden gate bridge. we live in LA now, but san francisco - that time in my life and all the ways i grew there - will always feel like the truest of homes to me.
WHAT. I missed it?
I am the worst friend ever.
In my defense.. it was a pretty tough week.. BUT that is no excuse.
Forgive me? :(
So excited I was able to link up this time around! Yay!!
What a wonderful post!! Love reading all these heartfelt words!
And have I told you this already? You are AWESOME! :)
it was fun to read what everyone said about home :)
Its wonderful to read all those thoughts on home. Such a great post, darling. Kisses
Neat post & great blog!
My Lyfe ; My Story
@MyLyfeMyStory on twitter
love it love it love it. awesome video.
I've read a few of those and they are fantastic. I will have to try and participate in the next week. And that video is great.
Aww, I love this fun recap :) Can't wait for next month's link up!!
Oh this is cool! What is a themed photo share? :)
And bloglovin is like google reader kind of...google it! Except I don't think you can see your followers haha. Maybe you can but I don't know how!
Ahhh I know I love green haha. And yes my blog has a lot of green on it haha.
Ashley Sloan
Post a Comment