Friday, June 3, 2011

a morning in the life of me


We're talkin' about home 'round here, dudes.
...Oh, what? You haven't heard?


It's a pretty big deal, and some awesome bloggers have been posting about it.

And, in the true spirit of my first morning off this weekend, I wanted to do nothing but bask in the sun, photograph, and blog.

Why not about home?, you ask.
Well, that is a fine idea.

***

I work in a camp Monday- Thursday in a far far away land, 120km in the bush from the nearest town.
When I am home on weekends, and my boyfriend is gone fighting forest fires *sigh*, I stay at my parents house
(especially when little sister is home too.)



...It's a magical place, where toast and OJ are enjoyed in the sunlight,


where morning sunlight pours into the rooms where I spent my years growing up,


where my pro little nail-do-er sister and I fit a morning session in over tea and giggles,



Where my mom's care for our home is evident: everything is placed, just so, and even the remote controls seem pretty.


where morning hair, and pajama'd feet get to reside in their sleepiness all morning long,


where photos are taken, and love is felt.



What is your home like: (physical or otherwise)? tell us about it, we'd love to hear.

Photobucket


20 comments:

Alisha said...

Seriously. Gorgeous pictures. Love the OJ and toast pic. Just lovely.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, dear friend!

xoxo

Abby said...

I just submitted my photo! You were right, it was super easy ;)

C... said...

My home is my haven :) no matter where it is.

Brittany said...

love these photos! i am a complete home-body, i love home.

Carla said...

Such a cosy, friendly looking home. I love the morning hair and pajama'd feet!

Carla xx.

Anna said...

this is why i don't want to make a serious home post. it makes me homesick...

love your home!

Claire said...

yippeeee i managed the resizing and i'm all linked up! go me! who needs sleep anyway....yawn....x

Corinna said...

What a lovely home, and great photos you've taken to show! I love this post and it makes me miss my "home".

Gentri said...

I love this. Your home is so beautiful!!! I love the rustic feel. Mmmm makes me want to head to the mountains!

Stephanie said...

Aw, I love your home!! And nice job with the nails :)

Msz Jelenaaa said...

Aww your home is cute! This is such a good idea, and wow thats so awesome how your boyfriend fights forest fires lol, what a brave guy!

oh p.s loving those pj's aye =]

Anonymous said...

love these! and your morning hair- so chic.

Jamie-Lee Burns said...

wow that must be pretty hard not getting to see your bf. Great post, I just loved the pictures x

Stevie Leigh said...

I love this post. I can totally relate.

Cute blog!

- S from Following the Walkers

k said...

aw this was a cool post - your moms house definitely looks cozy and inviting!

Fransisca Angela said...

Just discovered your blog and what a lovely blog you have here. and the place looks really comfy
thank you so much for such a lovely comment. I'm following you :)

HOGGER + Co. said...

Awwww, how fun!! Your Mom's home is lovely - love the sunlight! Great manicure, too - no better way to spend the day. I love being in PJS all day!

Gracie said...

I think your description of home is just beautiful. The photos are perfect and it makes me feel at home. The first picture with the toast and orange juice is lovely with the sun shining in. x

Alexandra said...

gorgeous photography on your blog!!!
check out my blog too if you like, would be happy!
reflectandfancy.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

I love your second photo! How did you get that legit angle? Your house is lovely and the outside view looks incredible.

P.S. I submitted my home photos! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...