Monday, April 18, 2011

Season Finale

I shed snowflake-shaped tears this weekend as I took the last run of the season. It was either that, or the powder whipping me in the face; but I'll go for for tear story... for the the drama factor, of course.

excuse the iphone photos... my buddy the SLR got left at home.


My best friend and her boyfriend made the long road trip this weekend for a day up our home-town hill for the last runs of the season. We grew up in this town together; hiking, biking, camping, snowshoeing, and snowboarding make up so much of our roots-- the roots that tie us together, and tie us to this town. We now get to share it with the extensions and branches we've grown over time; boyfriends, and new friends that have gathered along the way--and how awesome it is.




And as snowflakes aligned, magically, for old times sake a few of our best friends from high school congregated from near and far to attend the ski hill service, staying faithful to the roots this town has given us. We gave thanks by intense boarding, beer drinking, and nacho demolishing-- all imperative to honouring the end of the season.



Without fail, in gutsy-boy fashion they dragged us down enough black diamond and double black diamond runs that today, at work, I can't feel my legs- but I'm pretty sure they hurt. [But I got to check it off my spring list, yo. And I'm pretty into that.]

iphone pic proof you ask? But of course.

Now as winter leaves us, we're ready for spring and summer with open arms and new hiking boots. The mountains will turn from our snowboard park to our playground for hiking, biking, and camping. I can't wait...



And to signify this, I knocked one more off the list:


now just for the the keeping it alive part...



Hope you all had a great weekend, snow or sun-filled!

Photobucket
I'm so impressed with EVERYONE's green/ white photos for Shades of Spring. You'll be blown away by the photographs, too so be sure to come back for a colour-pop to your mid week:)

19 comments:

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Gorgeous pics! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Meet Virginia Design
Check out my $50 Giveaway from Apothica! FREE makeup friends!

Gentri said...

Hooray for crossing TWO more items off your spring list!! So proud :) haha! I don't know if I'll get you a photo in time for green/ white!! :/ I will try! If not, when I get around to taking photos this week I'll just take some for next week's colors.

Stephanie said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! And you got some nice white pics too. :)

Britt said...

#2 is my favourite BLUE pic!! xoxox

Lindsay said...

My boyfriend's mom got me an orchid last Easter and it's starting to grow again - they are such pretty flowers, I love them! And the fact that they're hard to kill is pretty awesome too, since I don't really have a green thumb...

Looks like skiing was fun!

kenzie said...

ooh how fun! growing up in alaska, i used to snowboard all the time, but i havent gone in about two years and i miss it SO much. and your pictures made me miss it even more. looks like you guys had so much fun. have a good rest of your week :)

Jess said...

that pics of just the sky is gorgeous! glad you got to go one last time! looks like a great way to end the season!

Kaisha said...

I am a giant fan of crossing things off lists.. so it was lovely to read about conquering your spring challenges! (spesh the black diamond one... I would never do it!)

I am still so very jealous of your snow! xx

Jillian said...

amazing pictures! i'm not a big fan of the snow or cold, but this makes me want to ski. and congrats on not breaking a limb!

Lady Grey said...

Gorgeous pictures!! What a sky!
xo

Moan said...

Looks like awesome fun!!!

Adore the orchid's spot
:)

I live in North Queensland, Australia. We hardly get winter here at all, let alone snow. I"ve never seen it.

Will one day.

:)

http://chameleonsv.blogspot.com/

k said...

Oh, the skiing looks SO FUN!!! I am embarrassed to admit that I didn't go this year at all. woopsi!!

choose to be happy blog said...

ummmmmmmmm ... what is that white stuff on the ground doing in APRIL!

well atleast you make cold weather look GOOD and fun :)

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

awe, total snowflake tear...you are darling Lauren! i'm happy to hear the last hurrah went down like that - so GOOD! um, for iPhone pics, those are really great actually, love the icicles hanging off the chalet.

that orchid is a beaut, my green thumb is lacking too : ( here's hoping it lives long and prospers! happy week lades. ♥

Blace said...

great pictures! looks like a great time. I love orchids too...but they seem to be the ONLY thing that I cannot keep alive. I hate it when I start seeing the flowers fall off...

Brenda said...

I admire that you're going through your spring break list!

The mountains look beautiful. What a great way to spend spring break. Love the photos :)

I'm also horrible at keeping plants and flowers alive. But hopefully you'll have better luck than me (:

Corinna said...

Looks like a great time! Glad you got your orchid as well!

yiqin; said...

the sky looks beautiful.

Eva said...

woot! B.C! what mountain was this?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...