Just a year ago my 91 year old grandma finished her long and wonderful journey on this earth.
She loved photos and documentation; some of her words inspired the start of this blog. She told me: "write it down, because even though it feels [insignificant] right now, it adds up to life".
During our last visit we looked through boxes and boxes of photos: of my grandpa in the Navy, of them "courting", and of their life both single and together.
It made me think a lot about legacy-- what we leave behind and create along the way. Stories we get to tell, lessons we get to pass on for future generations.
...how in the end our aged words and yellowed, tattered images will be left to tell our story.
Photos courtesy of my Grandma and Grandpa's beautiful life.

She loved photos and documentation; some of her words inspired the start of this blog. She told me: "write it down, because even though it feels [insignificant] right now, it adds up to life".
During our last visit we looked through boxes and boxes of photos: of my grandpa in the Navy, of them "courting", and of their life both single and together.
It made me think a lot about legacy-- what we leave behind and create along the way. Stories we get to tell, lessons we get to pass on for future generations.
...how in the end our aged words and yellowed, tattered images will be left to tell our story.









18 comments:
these photos are amazing! x
This is a beautiful story and beautiful images that accompany it! Thank you for sharing!
your grandmother is correct! :)
Aww..what a beautiful story, darling and those photos are stunning! Hugs and kisses, darling
Ps: I’m hosting a cute scarf GIVEAWAY today! Just in time for summer!
I love this post! Over the holidays, I scanned a bunch of photos and letters my grandparents sent to each other while my grandpa was over seas during the korean war. They're such wonderful memories. I think of that every time I hesitate photographing something that seems "boring" in the moment. 50 years from now, it might not seem so boring.
oh Lauren, what a beautiful tribute to your grandmother! she sounds like a swell lady that was full of inspiration for your life. isn't it something how we carry pieces of those special people with us, recalling the times together and their life lessons that truly impact who we are today. i loved seeing the photos you chose, this was a triumphant spirit feature and she lives on in your heart forever.
thank you for the note about adding me on your roll, much appreciation. i added yours last week too, we must have been feeling each other! xo ♥
Gorgeous!
Carla xx.
Those pictures are so lovely--it's wonderful to be able to look back at the past like that. :)
Wow...I love this. I have always loved looking at old photos. There is so much history and a such amazing stories with these photos. I put some old photos of my mom on the blog and I think they are some of my favorites. Beautiful!
Gorgeous! What a great memory to have a lifetime!
Ah, I love old photos! And I like her advice of each and everything adds up to life! Isn't that great that blogging is a way to document that?! And thanks for the comments- so sweet!
Ashley Sloan
What a wise woman your grandma was! Love all the photographs! She was gorgeous!You know what's interesting is that now in our digital age, we will not leave behind tattered and yellowed photographs...but unvisited and un-updated blogs, facebook profiles, etc... So weird.. I want to leave me grandkids something a little more tangible than that...
Great post Lauren!
♥Janette, the Jongleur
Your grandma was a stylish, beautiful and wise lady from the sounds of it.
This is a great post.
x Jasmine
PS. I'm your newest follower!
Gorgeous post. Those photos are brilliant. I'm actually collecting old photos from home so I can start a monthly vintage post. Old photos are thee best. Wise words too - truth!
X
love love love the vintage photos!
What a wonderful life! You're grandma was one very smart, lady. I know that right now my constant photo-taking and documentation can be really annoying to my family...but like her, I believe that these photos and memories will show "my life" to the future. And that makes me happy.
Beautiful PHOTOS!
oh this is so wonderful! women were just so beautiful and classy, what a great tribute.
That's so lovely, I love how you write about your grandparents. And the photos are amazing, your grandma is so beautiful!
Post a Comment