In a season when one of the favourite movie-The King's Speech- was about rising to the occasion of a historic public speaking moment, one of the first speeches of the night resulted in a not so eloquently spoken f-bomb.

But, It's not dropping the f bomb I want to talk about,
or Anne's many costume changes. [seriously, does any girl deserve to wear that many gorgeous designer dresses all in one night? ...ok ok, i'm jealous.]

or even J. Beibs taking his new haircut... I mean Selena out for the big debut.

Nope. It's the swag.
Offside: how fair is this: already famous, rich, beautiful people get to attend the luxury of a red carpet event, dress in designer digs, and bring home a reportedly $75,000 swag bag.
Forget the little gold statue. I'd just go for the good stuff. The swag.
So, in the event that none of us got so lucky. I bring you the swag bag {of life}. Enjoy.
________________________________________________________________________
-"the future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands dirty"
as you unwrap this poster your hands get covered in the ink that will reveal the poster. The words and method- very cool.
-These teas. Two of my favorite things in the world. Tea+snail mail.
You fill out a postcard online that is the label of the tea, it's then sent anywhere in the world. And if a girl can't have tea with her friend, being sent a postcard tea is almost as good.

-This website.
One of my favourite things is to grab a coffee and peruse Chapters or a library. Sometimes not even in a goal to read a book, but just to leaf through the thick, aged pages and look at the wonderful design that is their covers.
Don’t judge a book by It’s cover... Really, don’t. But you can drool over the ones you like.
This website is a gallery of literature spines from over the years. Either used as a gallery or a way to keep track of your own library.
-and if you haven't heard this girl, i'm throwin' her in the swag bag too:
-Oh, and my biggest bit of swag for the week: a friend that just passed her P.Eng (professional engineering) exam. I'm so proud of her. and I'm pretty into the cake and party that is to follow in celebration tonight.
and don't ask where (or why) I find some of these things. I work at a mine and I'm covered in dirt most of the week, so I like looking at pretty things in my break... and I've got to do something with all the links;)
Have a great weekend, I'm headed to get ready for my little engineer-that-could's party!
photos sourced here









1 comments:
Postcards, and tea, and Biebs, oh Biebs!...ehh-EM, I mean, OH MY!
Love.
-Cheerio
Post a Comment