Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dear Winter, Love Lauren.

Hey Winter, Whats up?

This is tough, but the thing is, we need to talk.

This is kind of awkward... so I’m gonna skip the cliches and admit right up front: It’s not me, it’s you.



We’ve had some really good times together, and I mean awesome: like face-hurting- because-I’m-laughing-so-hard, romping through snow covered fields mitten-in-mitten while-bundled up in my favorite new snow jacket kind of awesome. But you see...


as much as I enjoyed rocking out to your theme song of “ice ice baby” for the last 6 months, It’s been a little overplayed.


I just think we have our time and place, and you know what they say about winter romances, they don’t last forever; they really only work out a few months of the year when the snow is light and fluffy, falling from the sky, or when I’m on my snowboard.


But you see, I just feel like we’ve been together for a while now, and, well, you’re just too needy.

So, I think we should just take a break... Maybe just until next December? The space will be good for both of us.


Then I can relish your crisp, cool flakes and soak up your blue (sk)eyes. I am really into them, you know.



So, lets not end it on a bad note, I think we should be friends and remember the good times.
But... take a damn hint.



I'll always love you Winter, you know that.

xoxo




All photos taken by LCR

6 comments:

dig this chick said...

Ha, winter is indeed needy. Long distance relationships can totally work. But I think, at first, it may be out of sight, out of mind, you know?

Thanks for sharing your blog with me!

xo
dig

Ashlee said...

I would like to join in on this letter. Please send it from both of us ;)

April said...

Have to say, LOVE this post! Your pictures always blow me away!! And your man Winter is gorgeous, but totally get why you want a break. So, Winter, do us all a favor and agree to a nice, big fat break. It will make a lot of us happy!!

xoxo,
A

PS - Thank you for always coming back to comment ... makes me smile!!

Alisha said...

This post is super cute, and I love all of your pictures. They are all really really good! :) :)

Laura Nelson said...

wow, you take amazing photos! :)

Pearl said...

Gorgeous Photography!!


Pearl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...